Nov 22, 2008
Nov 21, 2008
Rais calling for fair trial and release of the two Guantanamo detainees, while on the other hand denying the rights to trial of hundreds in our own country. The Kamunting camp and Guatanamo are similar camps which allow detention without trial. Minister must to stop practicing double standards and Kamunting detention camp in Malaysia should compare to Guantanamo Bay camp. They must close down the camp. Many are detained arbitrarily and without trial under the ISA for so many years.
Nov 20, 2008
I would like to start from the negative causes:
Horrible Public Transportation
- The Light Rail Transit is overcrowded, dirty and smelly (I prefer walk though far)
- Buses arrive late (sometime even no at all)
- Dishonesty of taxi drivers (meter rate problems)
- There was a visible divide among the Malays and non-Malays. Friends that used to be close wont really speak to each other and gangs were formed. The tension was so high that a small spark would trigger of a fight.
- I once was personally involved in a fight when I was in secondary school with a Malay boy, then i was trying very hard to settle the problem, but my friends made it big and lead to a huge gang fight.
- I even could not get a smile from most of the Malaysian. Some time even worst, my smile replied with a horrible look.
Enough negativities, lets see why I love Malaysia:
Cheap race tracks
- I can speed all the way from north to south in the highways. It’s a cheap race track that I am able to 'fly' unlimitedly at all the time.
- We have the perfect combination of Malay, Chinese and Indian list of options. There’s even food that you cannot find anywhere else in the world namely Roti Canai, Tosai, Nasi Lemak, Bak Kut Teh, Char Kuey Teow, Banana Leaf Rice, Nasi Kandar and much more.
- When you are stopped over by the police while driving, the standard procedure is to slip a 50 Ringgit note in their notepads when they ask you “Macam mana?” (Which translates to “So what do we do now?”). No expensive fines!
- I can enjoy 3 Tamil movies for only RM10.
- Seems that Malaysians has forgotten how to sleep. Even at 4am I can go outside and find some friends or food.
- I born here. This is the place that I experienced everything from the beginning.
Nov 18, 2008
FORMER ALLEYCATS VOCALIST- THE LATE LOGANATHAN ARUMUGAM (1953 - 2007)
Nov 17, 2008
There are a lot of factors leads to the plunge of accountability among government servants. At once, Malaysia has best system and our government servants always committed to their responsibility. But now our government sectors full of corruption, misuse of power and mismanagement of the authorities and so on. Corruption rate in Malaysia mount to its worst performance ever which released by Transparency International shows that we lack of accountable government servants.
Nov 16, 2008
Do you think so? Obama is a young and fresh President of USA. Even before he elected as President, his idea of changing America into more liberal and to create a condusive economic environments for the world was more clear. He was not promised with the simple words, but explained American how he can bring the changes. How about Muthupalaniappan? He used the simple words and said he could bring the changes. He should have a complete manifesto for his campaign to oust the Samy Vellu. I think that he could be the same like Samy Vellu after been elected as President. Even his age is not suitable for the post compare to Obama. Barack Obama is 47 years old and he talks the language of Facebook, Twitter and Blackberry. Muthu is 68, how he can connect with current generation?
The largest Indian party in the country would hold its presidential election in March, while the election of deputy president, three vice-president and 23 central working committee (CWC) seats would be held in September. Muthu cited “overwhelming” calls by senior party leaders and members as the reason for his decision. But I don't think an old leader replaced by an another old leader is not a good idea. It's not a good sign to restructure and recover believes on MIC.