- Men's singles: Lee Chong Wei is the first Malaysian to qualify for the final and was beaten by Lin Dan of China 21-12, 21-8.
- Men's Team: Trio Cheng Chu Sian, Muhd Marbawi Sulaiman and Wan Khalmizam Abd Aziz made history by qualifying for the men's quarterfinals, and ranked as third seeds, but was beaten by 218-213 by eventual silver medalist, Italy. The team set a national record of 1,993 and Wan Khalmizam set national record of 674 for 72 arrows, both during the qualifying round.
- Team: Trio of Azizulhasni Awang, Josiah Ng and Rizal Tisin was seventh fastest in the qualifying round in national record of 44.725s
- Hasli Izwan Amir Hasan finished 15th out of 18 with score of 564 (national record 581)
- Daniel Bego placed 54th in 100m butterfly in 54.38s (national record 54.33s); 44th in 200m freestyle in national record of 1:50.92; 37th in 200m butterfly 2:01.28s (national record 1:59.40s).
- Leung Chii Lin placed 48th in 50m freestyle in 26.75s (national record 26.18s).
- Khoo Chai Lin placed 38th in 400m freestyle in 4:23.37s (national record 4:17.86s); 34th in 800m freestyle in 9:04.86s (national record 8:47.80s).
- Siow Yi Ting placed 19th in 200m breastroke in national record of 2:27.80s; 29th in 200m individual medley in 2:17.11 (national record 2:16.92s).
- Lew Yih Wey placed 34th in 400m individual medley in 4:55.83s (national record 4:50.52s).
- Amirul Hamizam Ibrahim placed 8th in 56kg category with a national record of 265kg.